How to Do a Speaker Repair
If you have a speaker that doesn’t work as well as it used to or has stopped working altogether, you shouldn’t settle for compromised sound quality at home. You also don’t need to purchase new ones necessarily. It can be easy to repair some speaker issues at home.
You will most likely need to call in professionals like our speaker repair Atlanta team. However, you can try to fix the speakers on your own with this guide. We’ll cover what can go wrong with a speaker and how you can identify issues.
Common Speaker Problems and How to Identify Them
Many issues can affect your system. Each model will have its own issues, but some common problems include:
- No sound or distortion is coming from your speaker. This is a common issue that many of us face, and the first thing to do is check your audio source. The original audio should be of high quality, and you can check this on another output device like earphones to make sure.
- Static sounds or no sounds. Another reason the speaker’s sound is unclear could be their power supply.
- Ensure you have fully charged batteries. If they are plugged into a power outlet, make sure it is switched on.
- Check cables for loose wiring.
- Ensure that the right voltage and inputs are used for optimum electricity transmission.
- Volume cannot be controlled. Some speakers get stuck on a very low or high volume setting that you can’t change. This could be because the volume control has been jammed or something is obstructing it. If the speaker was used in an obtrusive environment like the beach, particles like sand or water can get lodged in and cause a hindrance. The speaker could also be old or could have been damaged due to force or if it was dropped from a height.
How to Fix a Speaker’s Important Components
Wires and cables: Before using your speakers, make sure that cables are not entangled or twisted.
Buttons and moveable components: Some speakers have external buttons and switches that you can move to control volume levels, bass and treble output, and left-to-right speaker adjustment. Play with each switch one at a time to make sure they are smooth and give you the desired outcome. If you feel that something is lodged in, you may have to take it apart and examine it closely to get the particle out.
Drivers: This is where the sound comes out of your speaker. Start by running your palm on the surface to ensure that it is smooth, there are no tears, and to identify any distortion. Test the sound on very loud and very soft and take note of any unfamiliar buzzing and static. If a disturbance persists, the driver may need to be examined from the inside.
Problem Not Solved?
These are just some ways speaker problems can be identified and fixed at home. If you try these solutions and the problem persists, then we recommend asking a professional for help. Curious about your options?
Check our offering at our TV Repair Atlanta page!
We’re a team speaker repair Atlanta experts, and we’d be happy to offer you a free inspection. Call us today for speaker repair Atlanta services you need!